ABOUT HOME FACES DIARY CONTACT

Sep 27, 2010

The Dark Lady

J.Bolin is the second collection from Haute.Lanta fashion week that I'm spotlighting. (It's my favorite after YoutheryKhmer) After you see the collection, you'll see why.

As soon as his set started with Rihanna's "Russian Roulette", I knew this was going to be an edgy, dark collection. And with the two first looks being black looks with netted hats, I assumed I was right. Then the third dress came out, and it was pink, sweet, wearable and flirty. Not at all what I expected.

As the rest of his set walked, I noticed this as a trend. Mainly dark and neutral structured pieces that eventually morphed into colorful dresses.  His collection definitely had some crowd stopping pieces, especially the body tight slinky red dress. 

I could actually see Rihanna in some of these pieces. Maybe she was an inspiration?

J.Bolin definitely showed variety of skill and style in his HLFW collection. He's also a bomb ass celeb-styler. Look him up.

Give Good Face
---Audrey W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading. I love hearing back from my pretty readers, so don't be afraid to leave a little comment..or two :)