ABOUT HOME FACES DIARY CONTACT

Jul 27, 2010

Finger Painting


I'm no nail expert, but I know a good deal when I see one. There are the drugstore nail polishes that run from about .99 cents to 4 dollars. Then there are the brands that the professionals use. The more expensive, more pigmented, longer lasting, tons of original colors, and overall better quality polishes. The O.P.I's, the Essie's and the China Glaze's. 

I usually stick to the lower end brands (L.A. Girl is fab), but every once in a while I splurge on one if I fall in love with the color. I went into Sally's Beauty the other day and I found some colors that were on sale for 1.99! I got Wild Mink , a creme finish, from the Core Collection and Towel Boy Toy, a shimmer finish, from this summers Poolside Collection. 

I'm a sucker for turquoise colors and Towel Boy Toy didn't disappoint. It did need a top coat  to get the shiny finish, though.  Wild Mink is a very feminine coral-ish pink. Both polishes went on smoothly. I couldn't have expected more from a salon quality brand. For 1.99,  it was completely worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for reading. I love hearing back from my pretty readers, so don't be afraid to leave a little comment..or two :)