ABOUT HOME FACES DIARY CONTACT

Apr 4, 2011

The Beacon of the Bootie & Sheer Tights

I think I've done it! I've been trying to find a good setup for when I do outfit posts, and I like this one. It's not very original, but it works. I still hope to have photos out in the world, but my personal photographer is on vacation -_- sarcasm. I'm not that cool.

Now onto the clothes, yes? The driving piece behind this outfit was the shoes. I found myself in Dots with some friends one sunny day when, in the shoe clearance rack from heaven, I found the amazing brown booties I have on here. Dots?! Yes, I gave up on this store when I was 14, but my friends convinced me to try it one more time. It's a very hit or miss store, but these $7 booties were a hit for me.

I don't know why they were so cheap, maybe because booties are out of season (Summer is creeping up on us)? Regardless, these were my birthday gift to myself. The big 2-0 on Friday. Oh yes. 

The rest of the outfit followed the beacon of the bootie, and I threw some color in there to appease the Gods of Drab. I do wear too many neutrals. I still have on neutrals here, but the skirt is a small step into bigger, bolder colors. 

Also, check out the sheer teal tights. There are from a thrift store and I'm pretty sure they're at least 10-15 years old. I read in a magazine that opaque tights were better than sheer tights a while back, but I really loved the color of these so I bought em'. Verdict: The magazine was right. Sheer tights don't have as much stretch because of the lack of fabric, so they tend to shift a lot more. I like my tights to stay on me...where they should be. Someone also told me that it make my skin look discolored. Like my legs magically took on a shade of teal?
 
F21 Brown Button-Up | American Rag Lace Tunic | F21 Tan T-Shirt (Under Tunic) | F21 Teal Skirt |  
F21 All Jewelry | Thrift Store Sheer Tights|

Give Good Face
---Audrey W.

1 comment:

  1. Love everything about this! The skirt just puts smile on my face, or the color, idk...

    What's Dots?

    xo $ARMIN

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for reading. I love hearing back from my pretty readers, so don't be afraid to leave a little comment..or two :)