Finding a purse is no easy task, right ladies? It has to compliment your wardrobe (all of it) and it needs to be functional for your lifestyle, which honestly can change from day to day. But once we find it, oh once we find it, it's heaven. Then you have to decide what you're going to lug in it. All day long, you will be attached to it, and it to you. This is no small decision, or at least for me it wasn't. So, here I present to you "What's In My Purse."
After hours of searching on eBay, I settled on this baby. It doesn't have a fancy label, but that wasn't number one on my list. You see, I do not judge by the brand of the bag, but by the content of its character and this one had all of the characteristics I was looking for: a fun statement color, a structured shape, gold hardware and the extra strap. One day when I'm a real grown-up, I'll splurge on that great investment purse that'll last for years, but for right now this gem is perfect for me.
Until I dumped all of this out onto my desk, I had no idea how much stuff I really had in my bag. Honestly speaking though, 18-year old Audrey and Audrey now has learned a few things about packing a purse. Most of everything I have serves a real purpose. I don't just throw things in my bag for the hell of it. I have tasks to complete and what I carry reflects that. Gah, I'm such a grown up. See below for proof.
1. Agenda: Up until a week ago, I was drawing a calendar in notebook #3 to plan. It was nonsense, so I went to Target and found the cutest gold-foiled striped agenda and I am a better person for it.
2. Notebook: I use this notebook for a to-do list of everything work related. It keeps tasks separated so I don't get overwhelmed.
3. Spiral Notebook: I used this one as a catch-all, but now it's for my personal to-do lists -- my life separate from work.
4. Pencil Case: To keep my pens from rolling around and getting caught in the crevices of the abyss that is my purse, I went to Forever 21 and got this perfect pouch.
5. Wallet: Girls just wanna have funds, am I right? It's pretty self-explanitory - I keeps my monies here! Shout out to my bestie for this birthday gift!
6. Mints: No one wants to be caught with ghastly dragon breath, so I pop these after lunch. Minty fresh!
7. Lotion: I am not a fan of dry skin or ashiness, so whenever Bath & Body Works has a sale on their mini lotions I stock up and throw one in each of my purses.
8. Coupons: I am no crazy coupon lady, but I hold on to a good deal when I can. Plus, if you have to eat fast-food, Capitan D's is a great alternative to a greasy burger.
9. Tissue: You never know when things'll get messy, so I always keep some kind of napkins or tissue on hand. That, I learned from my momma.
10. Cosmetic Pouch: This Coach wristlet was gift from my boss and while it's too small to use alone, it's a great way to secure my makeup. I always keep make-up basics in case I'm running late and don't get to do my full on face at home. I can finish up on the go with these: mascara, eyeliner/shadow duo and lip-gloss.
11. Book: If I can, I like to put the iPhone down, step away from a glowing screen and read. I keep this with me just in case I get a chance to crack it open. As of now, I only have six more chapters. Go me!